Sunday, June 5, 2011

Forest Lane ReUnion Cruise-In!


All my pics are from pretty early in the evening. I took pictures as cars were showing up while it was still daylight. By the end of the night it turned out to be a pretty packed event. It was crazy to see all that action on Forest Lane again!




For those of you that have no idea what this Forest Lane thing is about or why this event took place from the 1960's to the 80's this was a major cruising area in North Dallas.

Like most cruising as the times changed and the law cracked down the cruising died.

For one night (and hopefully this will be an annual thing!) it was all back!


The page for it was here: http://www.cruiseforest.com/

The Facebook page is here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179030792108420



























































Being a high schooler in the 80's the following disco era F bodies were what was really out in force on Forrest when I was a kid mixed in with the muscle cars!




I should have taken more pics, but I got too wrapped up in the fun when the sun went down talking to everybody.


I got to hang out with my Dad, my uncle, the two guys that are my "other dad's," all the guys I looked up to as a kid, and tons of my good friends and new buddies.

ON TOP OF THAT THE KILLER CARS WERE OUT IN FORCE!!!

Thanks for a great time everybody!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these are sweeter rides than the ones you guy had in high school. As a teacher from the 70s and 80s, I am glad to see these pictures.

daniel said...

i don't know if it's possible to have too much fun, but i know we tried to.......
long live the lane!

Anonymous said...

I drove my Buddies "Memory Lane Bus" to the Mobile 1 Expreess Lube and met a bunch of his friends. I cruised Forest with Senior Fried many a night. I became known as the unofficial bartender of Forest selling Screwdrivers out of the back of my "74 LUV Truck.

Anonymous said...

Saturday night was a blast! Thanks for the great pic of my Nova (gold/white).