Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My new (to me) 1963 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clone


I guess I will have to go on out to Drag City now in my new Super Stock Dodge clone. She has a 440 done up to pass for a 426 Super Stock Wedge and will get the much needed cross ram at some point.



63's are so ugly they are cute...I love it!







I already have a new vintage style Sun Tach on the way for my birthday (today btw) from my parents for it...it will get some better gauges that fit the 60's theme under the dash later too.








Here are the specs I was given on it:

1963 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clone

A 30 over 1970 440 HP Block

Steel crank

LY Rods

JE light weight forged piston, 10.5 compression (runs on pump gas)

Block drilled for 1/2 inch oil pick-up

Milidon 7 qt oil pan

Light weight starter

906 ported and polished heads

2.14 intake valves (2.08 stock) and 1.81 exhaust valves (1.74 stock)

Crane 1.5 roller rocker arms

Cammonics roller cam: 292 duration with .540 lift

Comp cams roller lifters

MSD billet distributor

Crane Hi 6 ignition

Milidon true roller timing chain

Mopar M-1 single plane intake

750 Edelbrock carb

Dougs 2" primary headers Jet Hot coated

3" aluminized exhaust

3 chamber flowmaster

Big yoke drive shaft

727 trans with slip yoke tail shaft

Pushbutton shifter

Continental 10" 3200 stall converter

1965 8 3/4 rear end with sure grip

489 case with 430 gears

Super Stock rear suspension

Frame connectors

Drive shaft loop

6 cylinder torsion bars

Custom made steel wheels, 15 X 8 1/2 rear and 15 X 5 fronts powder coated

Trunk mounted battery

Base coat clear coat black paint on super straight body

Be-Cool aluminum radiator with duel electric fans

Line lock

High flow water pump and thermostat

Front disc brakes with dual master cylinder

Rust free California car.

Seen in Aug 2003 Car Craft magazine

Best of show 2003 Sacramento Mopar show







Preston digs the new "race car" as he puts it...he wants to go out looking for Sting Rays to SHUT DOWN like in the Beach Boys song.





After blowing door handles off of other cars you have to adjust your mirror.


My boy can't get enuff of cars and wants me to break the law all the time and stomp on it...check him out in the vid below:


video

7 comments:

Michael said...

Finally you have a real hotrod.... a car you can drag race! Burn 'em if you got 'em!

Michael said...

Oh BTW - there aint nothin "cute" about a car!

Eric said...

Buttttttt ugly!!! You're going to have to let me drive it to convince me it's cool. When can I come pick up the keys?

Anonymous said...

I don't know about 'cute' either. But I do want to see your electric fans duel! DG

BUDDY said...

Quit being a Puss and do it again like the boy said

boca raton used dodg said...

Thanks for your Tips.I think that boy is looking good in driving position .

Kevyn Hagemann said...

Super cool car huh! I'm sure your son wants to get your hot car, and drive around town. Ha Ha! Bet your son will be good in driving when he grows up!