Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back To The 50's 2009 in MN!



Well, my father, my buddy Doug, and myself decided to scoot up to MN for Back To The 50's 2009. We rented an econo box and drove up Thursday and came back on Sunday. The drive back took one minute longer...we used one of those nav deals that tracked our speed, location, and driving time.

First up, this fellow used old shoe shine foot rests for a bumper...never seen that one before.



Nice 300...



This guy who's name is on the plate was looking for a guy named KIRK! to snuggle with...don't know if they ever found each other.


Willy's gasser truck...



Some 55's...








My daughter would kill for this ride...



This cool coupe-ster belongs to a super nice guy named Chuck that Doug and I met at Back To The 50's a couple of years ago. Lots of kool history on this one!




Bad to the bone 56 chevy! My dad drooled all over this one, I hope it did not stain the paint.






In the immortal words of War, "Low Rider drives a little slower."






Race inspired...


Saw this 40 Willy's on Saturday night cruzin, man it was cool.



This is one of the two cars that I would have taken home with me if I could have...41 Willys Gasser found at the House of Kolor booth.









Looking good with the Radirs on...



Check out what this started as from the second picture of the picture...




Chopped...



Original...restored?


Very kool "odd rod."


Rare rare one piece...



It was found on this...


Slick...


Extra door option :-)



A bit high tech for me but well done, very well done...



Right attitude up in the air...



As the owner put it, "one of none" phantom creation.



Patina....



Uh oh, Raggy?


Nice five winder...




The other car I would have taken home with me...I loved this car.






Some more 32's...





I dug this...red lines, hologram flake in the cove...neat car.





Gasser-ish roadster...



W motor monster...the infamous 427 W Z11!




More 62's...




Long roofs!








You just don't see these very often...


Cry me a Rivi, it was fer sale but we were broke...


Nice little Nova



Goats...



Turnpike Cruiser...man they were chrome covered.



Some A action...



Big ol' vert...


Cool ol' banger powered 32 Sedan...


Concept come to life in kit form...I liked it.



Using the dark art of magic a traffic cone transformed itself into a tall T and took a vacation at the car show. At midnight I assume it went back to duty on one of the many tore up roads in Saint Paul.


Signs, signs, everywhere a sign...






A 32 right up my alley...




Low A...


Grapevine-ish...


Gold!



Some 58's...





A super crew...


Very clean A bone...


A 39...



Some snorty 40's!







Super Stock!




Different...never seen one before. Nice change of pace...


A 400


Evil I tell ya!

No comments: